The most powerful and reliable Mid Drive Kit on the market
Complete redesign of the BBS02 series for more power
1600 watts of peak power (in off road mode)
No technical knowledge necessary to install
- BBSHD 1000 Middrive
- Includes 965 display! (DCP-18 is a $50 upgrade) or the option of the 750C for $30
- 46t stock steel chainring
- Universal thumb Throttle
- Spacer kit
- Everything you need to convert most bikes
Optional Extras are:
Shipped and supported from Perth Australia read about us
Motor is programmed by default to 1000W or can be programmed to Australian 250 watt (25KPH)
Amazing Kit for an affordable price
This kit would retail for over $2000 normally.
Luna Cycle is by far the largest BBSHD dealer in the world and we deserve that position.
We have now brought out our spectacular pricing on these quality kits to Australia.
Current display choices
- Watt output
- Battery capacity
- Speed display (real time speed, Average speed, Max speed)
- Distance and Odometer (trip, total, riding time)
- Trip reset
- Adjust km/mile
- 9 Level Assist (3, 5, or 9 level)
- Speed limiter 12km/h to 99km/h
- Assist walking (slow speed motor assist)
- Backlight with adjustable brightness
- Wheel size setting
- Sleep time interval setting
- Error code indicator
- 9 Levels of assist
- The most recent display released from Bafang.
- Advanced settings now changeable in the main menu.
- Error code list so no more memorizing codes.
- Full color with an updated sleek speedometer design.
- USB output for charging your cell phone or other small devices.
- The first horizontal full color display available for the Bafang BBS02 and BBSHD
- Has a 52v battery setting for accurate 52v voltage reading
- Available for the Bafang BBSxx
- 4 button control
- Displays volts for highly accurate battery gauge giving you a good idea when your battery will die
- Clock- May not hold correct time.
- Automatic back light, Black or white background can be toggled
- Odometer, trip time, and total mileage
- See list of advanced features and error codes on our forum (click here)
One of the biggest criticisms of the BBSHD is the ugly and heavy steel sprocket that is geared to high (46t). We include that stock sprocket in case you want the higher gear reduction.
Luna Mate now stocks the Luna mighty mini chagrining and also a range of the lekkie products.
Read Electric-fatbike.com review here for more insight
- Lekkie chainrings now available in new teeth sizes!
- Cnc from one piece of 7075 heat treated aluminum for long life
- 160 grams, about half the weight of stock chain ring
- One piece design
- Made from Lekkie, the originator of the Bling Ring
- Offered in Black or Red colors
- Makes a better chain ring than the stock one by doing more offset
Picking the correct chain ring. Video Below
The BBSHD is a complete redesign of the extremely popular mid drive the BBS02, every part is stronger and better. The BBSHD put out 150nm of force so much torque that you can stay in one gear and not shift as much as you would in the smaller drive.
This kit is for bottom bracket sizes of the most common sizes 68mm and 120mm (fat bike). Other BB sizes can be made to fit with our spacer kit. Read up about dealing with intrusive chainstays(article on fitting here)
The BBSHD heralds a new age of factory installed mid-drives. Unlike most other factory mid drives the BBSHD is designed to be mounted onto almost any bicycle currently manufactured. You can mate the BBSHD to any bike with a bottom bracket that is anywhere from 68mm to a much wider 100mm fat bike. The BBSHD is even now made in odd sizes (72mm & 120mm), including extra fat. We include with every kit so that you can make your BBSHD fit for almost any bottom bracket. If in doubt order the next size up....and our spacers will help you make the kit fit.
Install it on anything and ride it anywhere. With the proper gearing the BBSHD will easily climb stairs, go well over 30mph on the flats and much, much faster down hills. Singletrack trail-riding, cargo bikes, high-speed commuters the BBSHD can do it all.
The BBSHD excels at singletrack riding (article on singletrack testing here) as well as soft sand (article on soft sand testing) and works best with the Lunacycle Eclipse ring (independently reviewed here) or the Mighty-Mini chainring (available here). The stock 46T steel chainring on this kit is very heavy and has too many teeth for trailriding, although it works fine for commuting.
Its predecessor the BBS02 would sometimes falter if run at peak power for too long of a time but those days are over with the BBSHD. Completely redesigned with thicker windings, giant heat dissipating fins and a powerful 12 FET controller. There is nothing else like it on the market.
Go ahead, beat on it, the BBSHD was designed to take all of your abuse and more.
We are proud to be the first dealer in the world to have this drive in stock. We are shipping it with the controller hot rod programmed so not only can you get pedal assist when you want you can also get full throttle when you want it.
BBSHD Labelled 750 Watts
The Bafang drive mounts in place of your current bike's bottom bracket and replaces your bike's crank set and front derailleur if you have one.
The BBSHD can be mounted in a wide range of bottom brackets from 68mm to 120mm. To pick which motor works right for you: please see this guide. For most applications you need the standard size (68mm), and can even go a few millimeters over the usual limit of 73mm with standard by using loctite on the axle instead of the second lockring.
Our BBSHD kits come with one spacer kit good for 10mm total, if using a 100mm fatbike motor on a regular bike (73mm) some additional spacers may be needed. Please include a comment at checkout of more spacers are required. (If possible we recommend using the correct motor for your bike for the best possible chainline in order to prevent chain derailment)
Many people have found that the Bafang can actually be mounted to many types of trikes, which can be fun since many trikes are not good candidates for hub motor kits.
Maybe you have an old donor bike laying around you want to convert, or maybe you are wide open to which bike to buy and install this kit on.
If you are also shopping for a bike to install this kit, that is perfect. We recommend you pick a bike that is known to be compatible with this drive and has no known issues. Ideally a build report has been written on our builder forum so that you can follow step by step someone elses building steps.
Here is a post on our builders forum with a collection of build reports you can scroll through.