- 72V charger (20S)
- Designed for 18650 and lithium ion battery packs
- Charges to 80, 90 or 100%
- Adjustable current to charge fast or slow from 1A to 5A
- Smart charger keeps your pack safe and maximizes its life span
- Automatically shuts down when pack is full
- Voltage display lets you monitor your charge as you charge
- High quality fans runs quiet and are reliable
- Anodized Sea Blue aluminum case
- 1.3 Kilos
- 7.25 x 3.5 x 2 (dimensions in inches)
- 240V AC input for Australia and New Zealand
- Charges to 84V
- XT60 plug (can easily be changed)
Please click specifications to get more information including important info regarding compatibility. Or read our online manual here. Note: This model does not have the switch to select the charge capacity seen on the owners manual.
The Luna Charger was made to our specifications from the largest most reputable ebike charger manufacturer in China. We made this charger with a surprisingly small form factor, considering it is a serious 450 watt charger. We also had our case anodized a distinctive sea-blue, and had an LED display built onto the face of it. When you plug in this charger, the LED displays the maximum voltage it charges to (54.5V for a nominal 48V pack). After you plug in your battery, it tells you what voltage your battery is at and you can monitor your voltage while charging.
We wanted our charger to be quiet, so we made ours with high quality and reliable fans.
Additional Information and Specifications
- Charger is configured with reverse polarity, over current, over voltage, and short circuit protections.
- Precise limit of current, intelligent control, and avoids over charge.
- Simple Dual LED indicators : LED 1 shows power is on, LED 2 (red) shows the battery being charged, or...green shows the battery is fully charged (or no load at DC side).
- Voltage display shows the output voltage inside the charger, and the relative voltage of the battery.
How to Operate
1. Check the parameters of the charger, and the parameters of the battery to ensure the compatibility of this charger with your battery.
2. If you need to connect your own connector make sure the red cable goes to positive of your connector, and the black wire goes to negative.
3. Make especially sure that the chargers maximum voltage is the same as your batteries maximum voltage. The nominal 48V (13S) chargers max voltage is 54.6V the 52V (14S) model of chargers max voltage is 58.8V. The 72V (20S) charger will have a max voltage of 84.0V. Your batteries maximum voltage must match these.
4. Make sure you plug in your charger. When LED 1 is red, it means the power is on.
5.. When LED 2 Turns red and the fan stops, the battery is fully charged, and the charger will stop charging.
- This charger is configured for use with Luna 18650-cell battery packs. We make no guarantees about compatibility using other battery cells. Please be sure the voltage matches your battery. For example, never use the 36V charger on a 48V pack.
- USING THE WRONG CHARGER ON A BATTERY IS DANGEROUS
- It is up to the user to determine if the charger is appropriate for his battery.
- If the charger does not work properly, please make sure the charger and battery are connected properly.
- The voltage display will light up even if you are not plugged into the household current. Look at the red LED on the back of the charger to make sure you are getting power.
- The charger should be used in a well ventilated area.
- The aluminum case is an important part of heat dissipation, make sure it isn't covered up or smothered.
- Unplug the battery and then plug it back in to reset. (Sometimes this is needed after changing the position of the percentage charge switch)