- This is the newest version of our Shark pack.
- 17.5ah = 840 watt hours.
- New and improved Jumbo Shark Pack to contain massive amounts of cells.
- Now includes an ON/OFF Switch and built in USB port.
- Key lock releases pack from bike
- Led light battery meter
- Cradle has adjustable mount points, so the water bottle bosses on your bike will easily match up
- Hard plastic to protect your pack
- Up to 840-watt hours means incredible range in small package (read article on watt hours)
- 13s5p = 65 Genuine name brand grade a 18650 cells (see breakdown on 18650 cells)
- 30amp continuous BMS
- Life Span: 400-1000 charges
- Dimensions: cm: 36 x 11 x 8 (in inches: 14 x 4 x 3", see pictures for detailed dimensions)
- Just a bit bigger than the standard shark
This new Jumbo Shark is the newest ebike cases to hit the market made from Hailong, the makers of the Shark case. It is designed to be as small as possible to fit inside the triangle of most bikes where the water bottle goes and continues off the stealthy look with much more added features. You can also mount it in any other place of your choice and it would even make a great backpack battery.
Ultimate Long Range in a very small size
We designed these packs using a common ebike case, but filled them with quality name brand cells utilizing the latest battery chemistry to get the highest possible power density. This means despite these packs small size and light weight, they will get you tons and tons of range.
Luna builds its packs with an advanced battery management system circuit board (BMS). This makes sure that your batteries are never run too low on your bike or charged too high which keeps you and your pack safe. With our BMS you can plug your battery in to a smart ebike charger and not worry about over charging. Also our BMS individually balances the cells to ensure maximum pack life. Our Bms includes such features as temperature over heat protection and advanced cell balancing. These features not only get the maximum performance out of your bms they also keep your battery from getting to low, charging too high, or getting too hot and will automatically shut off your pack if it senses something is wrong. We then use features such as temperature control to keep your battery safe. Continuous high amperage from doing things like climbing mountains on your ebike which can over heat a pack, then our BMS will shut down the pack before that happens. All of our BMS are compact in size, very rugged and reliable. The reliability of your pack mostly depends on the quality of your BMS and the quality of your cells.
Name Brand Cell Choice
Luna only uses name-brand 18650s. This pack is crammed full of the highest quality cells in the industry. 65 cells in a 13s5p configuration. That means 5 rows of 13 to give you the voltage and amp hour you need.
Panasonic GA - 3500mah This cell is the latest innovation, and probably the highest quality 18650 cell on the market. It offers both energy density and high amperage performance...
Regarding Amps: These packs will easily put out 30amps (1500 watts) and even more for short bursts.
You cannot fry a controller by selecting a high performance battery with too many amps. Voltage however, you need to be careful with.
Regarding voltage: This is a 13s (48 volt) battery, which means it should be easily compatible with any 48v kit or ebike on the market no matter what the manufacturer might say (they would prefer that you pay more and buy only their batteries).
Most people mount this battery to the downtube of their frame (where the water bottle usually goes) but its very versatile where it can be mounted. Because it is so lightweight (4 kg) it can also be used in a backpack.
It even fits easily in one of our triangle bags.
Because of its hard plastic enclosure you dont need to worry about padding this battery like you would on one of our shrink wrapped batteries.
This is a very easy to mount battery. It has a mounting bracket that will mount to most water bottle screw holes in the frame. If not you can drill threaded holes into your frame to accommodate it. Or you can use zipties etc. Once the bracket is installed its a breeze to take the battery on and off....so you can have extra batteries that you carry on your ride that would easily fit in a backpack or on the racks on your bike.
Installation and basic info
- Regarding USB port: please note USB module is not repairable if you damage it. To avoid power surges do not leave electronics plugged into USB while plugging/unplugging from charger or cradle.
- Regarding LED meter on the pack itself: due to how the meter operates it will be showing almost full down to about 40%. While this is fine for most uses, for a more accurate readout use a wattmeter/battman.