- Made up of Samsung 35E 18650 cells For high power and high amp draw.
- Includes Standard Charger included
- 684-watt hours (read article on watt hours)
- Uses composite stencils in between the cells to make the pack more rigid and more reliable.
- 13s4p = 52 Genuine name brand Samsung 35E grade A 18650 cells (see breakdown on 18650 cells)
- 50 amp continuous 70amp maximum BMS
- Beefy Xt-90s lead wire connectors with spark resistor (included is a male connector with pigtails for the controller)
- Weight of Battery:3.8 Kilos
- Life Span: 400-1000 charges
- Includes triangle bag, if riding in the rain please use a waterproof liner between the battery bag and battery.
- 12 month warranlty, excludues water damage,misuse and abuse.
Luna Mate builds its packs with the finest BMS (battery management system) available so that you can plug in your battery and not worry about over charging, over heating or running its voltage down too low. Your cells are automatically balanced by the internal BMS in the battery. Our BMS includes such features as temperature over heat protection and advanced cell balancing. These features not only get the maximum performance out of your BMS they also keep your battery from getting to low, charging too high, or getting too hot and will automatically shut off your pack if it senses something is wrong. (read our article on BMS)
All 48v Luna Kits and Controllers are compatible with all our 48 volt batteries.
Regarding Amps: These packs will easily put out 50amps (2000watts)and even more for short bursts. This battery is ideal for 50amp kits such as the Bafang BBSHD and Cyclone kits with minimal stress on the cells.
More than likely your controller is less than 30 amps and then you don't have to worry since your controller will only take from the battery what it needs. You cannot fry a controller by selecting a battery with too many amps. Voltage however, you need to be careful with.
Regarding voltage: This is a 13s (48 volt) battery. This means that with the same controller you will get more power from the same amps. It's fun but you need to make sure your controller can handle up to 54.4 volts which is what a 48-volt battery puts out when fully charged, otherwise you can fry your controller.
This battery is made to perfectly fit in our triangle bag. The one pictured in the photo on the listing
You can also use your own triangle bag or custom enclosure for this battery.
This is a heavy triangle pack so mounting is pretty crucial. Fortunately these are Fusion packs so a little vibration doesn't hurt very much but you should still treat lithium ion batteries with utter and extreme caution.. You do not want your pack bouncing around or banging against anything because it can ruin your pack and also be safety risk.
Make sure if it is mounted to your frame it is firmly mounted so it does not shake or jiggle, and proper padding is used when needed. Nore if you do intend to ride in the rain then suitable waterproofing is required as the bag is not waterproof.